1. Quarterback: Kevin Kolb was recently brought in, but he obviously isn't a long term solution. Buddy Nix wants his franchise quarterback, so there's a good chance they will take one in the first or second round. However, they could wait for round three if they believe in someone like Tyler Bray.
2. Wide Receiver: The other position Buddy Nix has openly said he wants to upgrade is wide receiver. Buffalo has been lacking a good option across from Johnson for the last few seasons. A wideout will almost certainly be taken in the first or second round. Patterson would be the likely selection if they take one in round one.
3. Guard: Buffalo lost guard Andy Levitre to free agency, and he was their best offensive lineman. It's going to be really hard to replace him. A mid round selection needs to be used on one unless they address the situation in free agency before the draft. Barrett Jones would be an amazing option if he slides to them in round three.
4. Tight End: Buffalo has been searching for a young tight end this off-season, but has failed to pick one up. Buffalo is likely to address the situation via the draft now. Chandler is coming off a torn ACL, so someone needs to be there to start in case Chandler isn't ready for week one.
5. Inside Linebacker: Linebacker isn't as much of a problem because the Bills will be playing out of a 3-4 at times as well, but Sheppard is very weak in the middle when playing out of the 4-3. They will probably give him another year to prove himself, but they may try to add some competition for him as well.
6. Safety: Wilson was cut because the coaching thinks Searcy can easily pick up the production. That may be true, but he's young and unproven. Even if he does play just as well, they are still very thin at the position too. If a veteran isn't brought in before the draft, they may use a late rounder on a safety.
7. Defensive End/Rush Linebacker: Mario Williams will have no problem playing defensive end as well as rush linebacker, but Anderson may have a hard time adjusting. He wasn't very good last year anyways. With such a deep pass rushing class, Buffalo should use a mid-late rounder on some competition and depth. There will be plenty of sleepers at this position in the later rounds.
8. Cornerback: What kind of draft would it be if Buffalo didn't take a cornerback? Buffalo may think they have a solid trio in Gilmore, McKelvin, and Williams; but I only really trust Gilmore. I wouldn't be surprised if they spend one of their last picks on a corner and hope for the best, but it isn't a necessity.